Top Inflatable Kayaks For Fishing Reviewed
When you want to make the most of your fishing trip, it’s only natural to prepare for it by finding the right inflatable fishing kayak. Getting out there on the water makes the fishing experience so much more immersive and enjoyable than simply sitting by the shore.
Many people are now turning to inflatable fishing kayaks for their fishing trips, and if you stop to think of their benefits, it’s not hard to see why.
It’s often a struggle to transport everything you need to take with you when you go fishing, and the task only becomes more challenging when you throw a kayak into the mix too. However, if you use an inflatable fishing kayak, this clearly won’t be much of a problem at all. They’re so small, light and easy to transport when they’re deflated, making them ideal for transportation.
Inflatable Fishing Kayak Comparison Table
If you are anxious to get out on the water, here is a quick look at the kayaks in our roundup:
Advantages Of Inflatable Fishing Kayaks
Ease of transportation is not the only benefit associated with using an inflatable option. If they come with a pump, as most of them do, they’re very easy to set up and start using which you reach your fishing spot. The wide beams of inflatable fishing kayaks make them much stable when out on the water too.
The only question remaining is which inflatable fishing kayak is going to be the best one for you? Here are 5 great options worth considering; find out all about them below.
It’s clearly been designed with use in mind, which is definitely a positive for customers. Here are the things that really make it stand out from the crowd.
Speed and Stability
At 13 feet long and 75 lbs in weight, this kayak is one that offers really stability when you’re using it. It’s sturdy and reliable, and that’s exactly what most people are looking for when they want to buying a fishing kayak. It’s also capable of hitting the kinds of speeds you’ll need when on the water.
Plenty of Storage Options
One of the things that people find most appealing and most useful about this model is the storage options is affords. There are so many of them, so you shouldn’t have any problems storing all the things that need to be stored for your fishing trip. There are two hatches, a tank and a central storage console.
A Comfortable Experience
When you’re going to be spending a lot of time on the water, you want to know what you’re going have a relatively comfortable experience. Without that, you’ll be sick and tired of your fishing experience before it’s even properly begun. A dual position seat called the Vibe Hero offers you all the comfort you need.
Easy to Mount Accessories
There are two fishing rod mounts on this kayak, so you shouldn’t have any problems storing things on the kayak when you’re heading out fishing. There are also four gear tracks integrated into the design, making the mount options for accessories even better.
- KEY FEATURES | 1-person sit on top fishing kayak - 13ft 75lbs fishing kayak that offers best of speed and stability
- MOUNT FOR ACCESSORIES | Includes 2 flush-mount rod holders and 4 integrated gear tracks for customized rigging
- OPTIMUM CONTROL | Pre-installed toe controlled rubber system saves your energy during long paddles, windy days, and strong currents
- MULTIPLE STORAGE OPTIONS | Large center console, 20" front oval hatch, rear hatch and large bungeed rear tank well
- SUPERIOR COMFORT | The dual position Vibe Hero seat provides comfort and support for long days on the water
People love how easy it is to move around, set up and start using. But the experience on the water makes it tough to beat as well, here are some of the main benefits you should know about.
A Design That Makes it Simple to Paddle
The tubes used on the sides of the Saturn kayak are high buoyancy, meaning the kayak itself is very stable and actually very easy to paddle. This is beneficial to the end user and removes a lot of hard work from the process of using the boat. The narrow design of the kayak also helps with this.
Puncture Proof and Abrasion Resistant Coating
Some people worry when they choose an inflatable fishing kayak that they’re going to have problems with puncturing and durability. The Saturn goes out of its way to allay those fears because it has both a puncture proof and abrasion resistant coating that make the kayak overall strong and more durable.
The rigidity and solidity of the Saturn is surprising to many people too. That’s something that you don’t see in all inflatable kayaks but you do when you use this one. It’s stronger, feels solid and never feels like it’s about to capsize, which is definitely a good thing for any avid fisher.
The Option to Attach a Sail
The Saturn allows you the option of attaching a sail to your kayak as well. Although this is a feature that might not appeal very much to some people, it’s a nice little option for others who might want to do more with their kayaks. Having extra options and possibilities is never a bad thing.
- The Saturn FK396 fishing inflatable kayak is a breeze to paddle due to its narrow profile and oversized high buoyancy tubes.
- If you need to move the kayak seat slightly higher, or your rear does not fit in between the kayak tubes, a type IV flotation cushion, that is sold for around $10 in many retail and outdoor stores.
- PFD will fit nicely on the bottom of this kayak and right under the kayak seat. It also will act as a PFD in case of an emergency, or beach seat cushion once you get ashore.
- Please note that this kayak is not a self-bailer. It was designed for lakes, slow rivers, oceans or bays. If you absolutely must take it to a whitewater river, you can cut out 4-6 self bailing holes in the kayak bottom to let excess water escape.
- Super absorbent ShamWow sold in many retail stores is great for getting excess water out of your non-bailing kayak. Simply put the ShamWow in the water and squeeze it outside - works as a pump!
If the worst happens and you do get a puncture in your boat, you will want to make sure that you’re able to deal with the situation as quickly as possible. That’s something that’s only really possible if you have a backup system like the one offered here. The multiple air chambers means that you won’t start to sink even in the event of a puncture.
Hands Free Fishing
This kayak comes with Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders in place, meaning you can put your fishing rod in place and sit back if you want to. It might not be the method of fishing that everyone likes, but it’s good to have the option to do some hands free fishing if you want to anyway.
Strong Enough for Lake Usage
The strength and sturdiness of the Sevylor Coleman Colorado fishing kayal means that it’s perfect for lake usage. Even on days when the water is choppy and things a little more turbulent than normal, you can still rely on the boat to stay strong and offer you the stability you require.
Airtight and Guaranteed Not to Leak
The kayak also makes use of what’s called an Airtight System. It does what you expect; it remains airtight at all times and you won’t have to worry about problematic leaks emerging out of nowhere. It’s a guaranteed system, so you know you can rely on it.
- 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak
- Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders are adjustable for enhanced hands-free fishing
There are some very useful abrasion pads found on the design of this kayak that make it different to make other similar kayaks. They mean that the durability of the boat is much better and that it’s stronger all-round. That increased durability will make this kayak last longer for you.
Comfortable High Back Seat
If you’re someone who likes to spend long days out on the water when you go fishing, it definitely makes sense to use this option because it comes with a very comfortable high back seat. It’s something that most kayaks don’t offer, and it makes a huge difference to the comfort of the kayak.
Patented Rib Frame
There is a patented rib frame that’s used here, and it makes the kayak a little more stable and a lot more secure. You can feel it as soon as you get onto the boat and start using it. So if you want the stability and strength that doesn’t normally come with an inflatable fishing kayak, this could be the answer.
Quick and Easy Setup
It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to set up this kayak, and that’s definitely something that you should be thankful for. No wants to be spending a long time trying to work out how to set their kayak up when all they really want to be doing is getting on the water and fishing.
- Inflatable kayak; designed for anglers; features multi-layer material and patented aluminum rib frame
- Abrasion pads offer maximum durability; wide beam increases kayak's stability
- High-back seat with two rod holders and inflatable lumbar support; removable mounting rail
- Measures 9 feet 8 inches by 35 inches; weighs 41 pounds; has 300 pound weight capacity
- Covered by one-year manufacturer warranty
This kayak is small and very lightweight indeed. This makes it great for anyone who doesn’t want to be trying to make a heavy kayak work for them. If you don’t have the space to transport something big and bulky, this could be the solution.
Easy to Transport
Another thing that goes hand in hand with the lightweight nature of this kayak is how easy it is to transport. You can put it in the back of your car and head off to your fishing destination without any troubles whatsoever, and that can only be a good thing.
Can be Used on White Water
This might surprise some people but the Airhead Montana is actually capable of dealing with moderate white water, and that’s something that can’t be said for many other inflatable kayak options.
- 12-foot, 2-man inflatable kayak individuals; more spacious than 10-foot model
- Designed for lakes and moderate white water
- Lightweight, compact, and portable
- Semi-rigid heavy gauge PVC construction
- Weighs 36.3 pounds; weight capacity of 500 pounds
Bass Fishing In An Inflatable Kayak
If you’ve never fished from an inflatable kayak before, here is a good YouTube video from an angler documenting one of his outings on the water: