The Top Towable Tubes Reviewed
There are few better ways to have fun on the water than to shoot down it at great speeds, feeling every light and bump as you skim on top of the surface. That’s exactly what towable tubes offer. Simply tie them to your boat and you’re off for some unforgettable water sporting fun. But to make sure you have the best time, you need a great towable tube.
We’re going to take a look at five of the top towable tubes on the market right now to help you find the best for your buck. We’re going to be taking a closer look at shape, ride comfort, durability, material quality, and much more as each of them affects just how much you enjoy your time with them. Let’s dive in and help you find the rush you’re looking for.
Best Towable Tubes
Which tube is the right choice for your situation depends on a number of factors, including which boat you have and how many people you plan to tow at once. But to help you make the right decision, we reviewed some of the top models available and also combed through owner reviews. From that we came up with the following choices:
For those who like a little variety in their fun, the SPORTSSTUFF SUPER MARBLE has plenty to offer in that regard, too. There are different tow points on both the front and the back so you can vary things up and have an entirely different experience being towed from both directions. Safety’s still a priority, of course, with handy grab handles placed in various places so you can hang tight and enjoy the ride. The knuckle guards are a nice touch, too, making sure you don’t graze your hands while holding on as tight as possible.
It’s super easy to set up, too. The speed safety valve makes for quick inflation and deflation, so you don’t have to stand around waiting for the fun to begin for too long. What’s more, the Kwik Connect tow system makes it easy to simply slip on the tow rope before locking it into place, speeding up the process even further.
- High-quality materials make it both resilient and more comfortable
- Great grab handles and knuckle guards keep the ride safe and without any grazed knuckles
- Kwik Connect tow system and speed safety valve ensure minimal waiting and super quick setup
- Seats more than many of its competitors
- Patented Speed Safety Valve for Fast Inflation and Deflation
- Front & Back Tow Points for different riding experiences
- Heavy-Duty Full Nylon Cover with Zipper and EVA Foam Pads for a Comfortable Ride
- Unique Backrest/Front Riser Construction. Max Capacity-3 Riders
- Multiple Grab Handles with Knuckle Guards
Overall build quality is impressive, with double-stitched nylon covers and a heavy gauge PVC bladder. Like the SPORTSSTUFF SUPER MABLE, it makes use of both the Speed Safety Valve and the Kwik Connect. This means that inflating/deflating and connecting the tow rope to the tube are both super easy to do and take very little time at all, meaning you don’t have to wait too long for the fun to start.
The seats are relatively small, however, so while it might be an excellent ride for kids and both teens and adults of relatively small frames, larger individuals may find that it doesn’t provide the most comfortable of rides.
- Deep seating areas great for ensuring the safety of smaller, lighter riders
- Easy and quick setup process gets you to the fun more quickly
- Handles with knuckle guards make it a safer, more comfortable ride
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for durability
- Great fun for all ages. Max Capacity-2 Riders
- Cockpit Tube offers secure ride for Young Riders with a wild side making Teens and Adults happy too
- Inflated Floors provide a Comfortable Seat; Four Deluxe Handles with Neoprene Knuckle Guards
The shape of this towable tube is slightly shallower and flatter than the other options mentioned here, so it might be a little intimidating to those taking their first time on the water. However, that unique shape is also one of its greatest strengths. The topside stabilizer fins on the G-Force ensure that it maintains its center of gravity at super high speeds, meaning it skims atop the water much more steadily than you might expect. The relatively shallow speed also means that the AIRHEAD retains less water at low speeds compared to some of its competitors, meaning its good for slow, easy rides just as well as fast ones.
Add to that unique, speed-focused design the easy setup provided by the quick inflating Speed Safety Valve and the tow rope-friendly Kwik-Connect and you have a towable tube that is well designed for those who want immediate, fast fun.
- Seats three people comfortable with helpful handles and knuckle guards
- Unique design with stabilizer fins that ensure the ride stays smooth and upright even at very high speeds
- Speed Safety Valve and Qwik-Connect allow for fast, easy setup
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for durability
- Great fun for all ages
- Durable inflatable towable for up to three riders
- Six neoprene knuckle guards and deluxe nylon-covered handles
This tube is designed to provide comfort as well as thrills, however. Soft neoprene knuckle guards ensure that you don’t scuff or graze your hands, but that neoprene is also used for body pads across the surface of the Super Slice. This means that riders aren’t going to suffer from tube rash, particularly on their knees.
Like all top-tier towable tubes, the AirHead Super Slice uses a Kwik Connect Tow Point and Speed Safety Valve Inflation for quick setup and quick disassembly. It’s a great ride for brave kids who don’t mind not having much of a seat to hold them in place, but it also effectively carries three adults, so it’s perfect for those more experienced riders looking for something more of a thrill.
- Unique shallow design excellent for maintaining buoyancy at high speeds
- Neoprene knuckle guards and padding do a lot to prevent tube rash
- Can effectively carry up to three adults, making it much more fun for every member of the family
- Features a tapered gusset design to provide better towing characteristics, a more comfortable riding position, and easy mounting in the water
- Super Slice's nylon cover is manufactured from 100% 840 denier nylon, giving it twice the strength of many of our competitors deck tube covers
- 6 nylon-wrapped handles and neoprene knuckle guards
- Durable 70" (deflated) 30-gauge virgin PVC bladder fully encased by a double stitched nylon cover with a reinforced tow harness
- Equipped with a Kwik-Connect for easy attachment to ropes
The deluxe nylon-wrapped handles are situated directly in front of each rider, who sit one behind the other. They offer a much more secure handle than some of the Hot Dog’s competitors. Meanwhile, the well-shaped seats are padded in neoprene, much like the knuckle guards, which does a lot to ensure comfort and security during the ride.
Quality is assured, too, thanks to a heavy-duty full nylon cover that’s rugged and durable. Like the others reviewed here, the Kwik Connect tow system and Speedy Safety Valve inflation system come as standard on the HD-3. The smaller Double Dog doesn’t include a Speed Safety Valve, however, so if you’re looking for a two-seater, it might not be the best option.
- Large nylon-wrapped handles are well positioned to help you hold on tight
- Slender design makes it great for housing up to three people and usage at high speeds
- Neoprene seats and knuckle guards reduce your risk of suffering the dreaded tube rash
- Kwik Connect and Speed Safety Valve ensure quick startup
- Designed for 1 to 3 riders
- Three 30-gauge vinyl air chambers fully encased by double stitched 840-denier nylon cover
- Neoprene knuckle guards, seat pads and deluxe nylon-wrapped handles
- Heavy-duty Kwik-Connect
- Dimensions: 103" long x 44" wide (deflated)
Towable Tube Video
If you’ve never had the pleasure of using a towable tube, here is a short YouTube video showing people having a blast with them:
Thanks to a few of the shared design features between these five, such as neoprene knuckle guards, Kwik Connect tow systems, and Speed Safety Valve inflation systems, choosing the best towable tubes is really a matter of preference. Do you need one that’s better suited for smaller children, big adults, or both? Do you want a two seater, three seater, or even four seater? Do you prefer a design that prioritizes comfort or speed? The reviews above can help you find the right option for you, but they’re all high-quality tubes so you can’t really go wrong in finding those water sport thrills you’re looking for.