Top Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards Reviewed
The great thing about paddle boarding is the versatility: you can do it wherever and whenever you like, whether out on the open ocean, on a lake, or even on a river.
Paddleboards give you the freedom of surfing, but without the steep learning curve.
You can kneel or stand on a paddle board and start having fun immediately.
Paddle boarding has grown in popularity tremendously over the past few years. And with this growth in popularity, we’ve seen a whole host of new products come to market, promising paddle boarders a high-quality and fun experience.
In this review, we’re going to take a look at the five of the best inflatable paddle boards – also known as inflatable SUPs – on the market so that you can decide which you want as your next rig.
Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
Ease of transportation is not the only benefit associated with using an inflatable option instead of a traditional solid board. Paddle boards are not small, which means storing a solid board requires a significant amount of space. Purchasing an inflatable one can be the perfect solution if you have limited room to keep one.
In that case, the only question remaining is which stand up inflatable paddle board is going to be the best one for you? Here are 5 great options worth considering; find out all about them below.
Peak Expedition’s product is targeting a new class of people who want the freedom to explore local bodies of water, but don’t want to go to the hassle of storing and transporting rigid paddle boards. Most people just don’t have space in their vehicles.
Peak Expedition’s premium inflatable board rolls up into a neat package, and when stored correctly, doesn’t take up much more space than the average rucksack. Peak Expedition uses special reinforcing material technology to make the board more stable in the water, reducing the learning curve and enabling people to go out and have fun, as and when they want.
The company includes a pump with the Peak Expedition, although you’ll probably want to use your own. The pump will do the job, but it’s a workout. A power-assisted pump with the correct attachment works a lot better. The Premium stand-up paddle board (SUP) needs to be pumped up to around 13 or 14 PSI to give the right under-foot feel which requires a lot of pumping because of the overall volume of the paddle board.
Are there any downsides to Peak Expedition’s product? Not really. The paddle that comes supplied with the board can feel a little flimsy at times, but other than that, this is a well-built product with many helpful and useful features.
- BUILT FOR EXPLORATION: Designed for the paddle board warrior, the inflatable SUP board features a hybrid nose for fishing, touring, snorkeling, spear fishing, or recreational paddling in all weather conditions
- 35% LIGHTER CONSTRUCTION: The 10'6" Weighs only 18 lbs & the 11' Weighs only 19.5 lbs when inflated and the extra wide stance ensures a stable and sturdy stand up paddleboard; soft EVA deck pad adds comfort for additional rider or pet; 350 lb. weight capacity
- READY TO SURF iSUP ACCESSORY BUNDLE: Ideal for all skill levels and water conditions, the set includes a peak inflatable paddle board, paddle, coil leash, high pressure pump, fin, and waterproof phone case; all fits in the included carry back pack
- TOUGH 6" MILITARY GRADE PVC CONSTRUCTION: Puncture resistant tough outer shell means no worry about dings or damage; lightweight design with nose and tail carry handle for easy transport; front and rear bungee cord secures water bottle and gear
- USA DESIGNED AND RISK FREE RETURN: 30 day guarantee and 1 year warranty on materials. USA Based Company with USA Customer Service
The paddle board features an extra-wide stabilizing deck, a non-slip top, and can be used on practically any body of water, including rivers.
Many people have doubts about the durability of inflatable paddle boards because of the risk of puncture and deflation, but SereneLife has managed to get around this problem by including a ply system that can resist the scuffs and scrapes you’re likely to have out on open water. The material construction of the paddle board is indeed premium, and why this product comes in as more expensive than many of the others in this review.
SereneLife claims that their paddle board is ultralight at 19.3 lbs, but this still comes in as heavier than many of the other boards on the market. The weight does not affect its handling characteristics in the water, but it does make dragging it to and from the car more of a challenge.
Like the Peak Expedition, the SereneLife Premium SUP comes with a pump. However, as before, it is an effort to inflate the board, which may make some people feel exhausted, even before getting out onto open water.
It should be noted that this paddle board is exceptionally thick and sturdy. It is the kind of paddle board that helps to inspire confidence, and it will comfortably accommodate two people without sinking if you’re in the mood for fun.
SereneLife supply a backpack to make transporting the paddle board easier. The addition of a bag is nice, but the straps are close together which may be a problem for people with wide frames.
So, in conclusion, who is this paddle board targeting? Despite the premium label, SereneLife is going after the casual paddle boarding market. This board is all about easy-going fun and making it as easy as possible to get out on open water.
- EXTRA WIDE FOR BETTER BALANCE: Measuring 10'5 feet long & 30 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze
- SOFT, STABLE & ANTI-SLIP TOP DECK: Perfect for beginners, we've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no-slip soft top that cushions your fall when slips or accidents occur They happen to the best of us, so might as well be prepared
- BEST PADDLING MANEUVERABILITY: Outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling the stand up inflatable paddle boards is incredibly easy Offering exceptional surf control, you'll be gliding & skimming the water like a sea creature
- PORTABLE & INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100% travel-friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore
- ALL-IN-1 BLOW UP PADDLE BOARD KIT: Complete with must-have paddle board accessories, our SUP paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves Includes 10' board, coiled ankle cuff safety leash, Upgraded Aluminum paddle, manual air pump & storage bag
Swonder puts its money where it’s mouth is offering a 30-day return guarantee. If you’re not happy with the Swonder, you can return it for a 100 per cent refund, no questions asked. The return policy will no doubt appeal to people who are worried about the risk of the paddle board ripping if it scrapes a sharp rock.
Speaking of which, is there a risk that the paddle board could suffer catastrophic failure? Unlikely. After extensive use, we’ve seen no reliability problems with this board. The outer hull of the board is made from an eight-layer composite. The inner layer is an airtight shell and surrounded by successive PVC and reinforcing layers. It’s possible to rip the PVC and still maintain the airtight chamber within.
Are there any downsides? Again, not really. Swonder has done an excellent job of creating a product designed to make it easy to enjoy open water. If there are any quibbles, it’s that the pump is a little underpowered. We would have liked to see Swonder provide customers with something a little more heavy duty. The company claims that inflation only takes 10 minutes, but ten minutes of constant pumping is a proper workout, not to mention boring.
Then there’s the size of the rucksack. Swonder’s product is foldable, but even when folded up in a bag, it is large.
The Swonder, therefore, is for people who want to get out and have fun on open water. It’s just a shame inflation is such a hassle.
- INCOMPARABLE STABILITY & LARGE CAPACITY BOARD: When fully inflated, the board is 10'6"/11'6" long 32'' wide and 6'' thick, which makes it extremely stable on the water. Combined with the Non-slip soft deck, elastic bungee design, and a heavy-weight capacity, you can do whatever you want on the board! Some activities include water touring, water fitness, fishing and etc.
- EXTREMELY DURABLE & RIGID: Our board is constructed with military-grade PVC with a drop-stitch system, resulting in a very durable product. When fully inflated to the recommended 12-15 PSI, the unique drop-stitch technology allows the air pressure to distribute evenly across the top and bottom surfaces, forming a stable deck. Our iSUP is firmer than most of the others in the market, so you can use it for a longer time without replacing a new one.
- EASY STORAGE AND TRANSPORTATION: The paddleboard comes with a high-capacity backpack, which can pack the whole set and weighs only 30 lbs., Experience the convenience you will feel traveling with the Swonder iSUP set without worrying about storage. After wholly deflated, the board can be rolled up to a compact size with a cinch strap, allowing it to be stored in a car trunk, wardrobe, boat locker or under a bed!
- HIGH-QUALITY FULL RANGE OF ACCESSORIES: Our iSUP set includes a super light-weight aluminum alloy paddle, GRI high-pressure hand pump, 10' coil safety leash and a GRI detachable central fin. That means you won't have to hunt down extra accessories, and that you can hit the water right away! All accessories provided are of high quality and specially designed to match the color combination of the board, making them not only useful but stylish as well.
- 30 DAY RETURN GUARANTEE + 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Enjoy one of the most popular water sports in the world with Swonder. We stand behind our products 100%, offering only the highest quality inflatable paddle boards constructed of the highest quality materials. Feel safe in your purchase with a 1-Year Warranty for the board as well as a no-hassle 30-day free return. If you have any questions, contact our friendly customer support staff!
The Sootpotay comes with a front bungee, slide-in fins that you can remove, and a center handle to make transportation easier. And weighing in at 18 lbs, it is lighter than many of the other paddle boards that we’ve seen in this review.
Despite the slightly lower cost of the Soopotay SUP, the material feels very sturdy. When you ride on the paddle board, you know that you’re atop something inflated, but it doesn’t feel like this at all. The three fins at the bottom provide excellent tracking, even in choppy waters. And the underfoot-feel doesn’t feel mushy or squishy, inspiring confidence and giving you more control.
Soopotay says that their SUP should be inflated to around 10 to 15 PSI, depending on user preference. But rather than let customers guess how much pressure is in their paddle board, the company supplies a pump with an on-board pressure sensor.
Thanks to its excellent pump, low cost, and durable design, the Soopotay is one of the best inflatable SUPs on the market.
- SUP Board Dimension: Soopotay inflatable SUP measures at 10' x 32'' x 6'' with max capacity of 280 lbs, weighs only 18 lbs for your light carry, inflation or deflation < 5min, max PSI: 15
- Premium Material Manifest Quality: 0.9 mm ultra thick single layer military grade PVC outshell and countless drop stitch inner construction, rigid while light to carry, making it best suited for beginner recreational paddlers wanting to ride in style
- Ultra wide and stable while compact: adding extra 2 inches in width, w/ 32" wide and 200+ liters in volume, offering plenty of stability for an average adult. Compact once roll up, small in storage, and convenient for you to travel anywhere
- Great All Round iSUP Board design: suitable for all skills levels and no age limit, great choice for paddling short to mid-range distances or doing yoga fishing, sightseeing in flatwater
- SUP Package Includes All: inflatable standup paddle board, 3pcs sup paddle, coil leash, center fin, backpack, pump, eye-glass rope, waterproof phone case. We offer 30 days no risk return + 1 year material guarantee + reliable after-sales service, we are not afraid that you contact us for whatever reason, instead, we value customer's voice, which contributes to a product's innovation & improvement
Just like the SereneLife Premium SUP, the standard version offers a host of features. The 6-inch thick board means that it can comfortably accommodate two people. And the two-way pump makes inflation easier. There’s a leash that comes with the board, and the dual fins make it an excellent board for surfing.
However, just like many of the other products in this list, getting from 10 to 15 PSI with the supplied pump is next to impossible for many people. Operating the pump requires a significant amount of upper body strength.
The SereneLife, however, is easy to fold up and store, making it an excellent accessory for people who want a simple and convenient way to take their paddle board to and from their cars and homes.
- WIDE SUP DESIGN - The SereneLife stand up paddling board is 10' long and provides 30" of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY - The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- NON-SLIP SOFT TOP DECK - Great for beginners, our paddleboard is made for early learning and for less accidents or injuries should you fall-happens to us all
- INFLATABLE & PORTABLE - Take your paddleboard with you wherever you go! It quickly inflates or deflates for easy storage, making it ideal for the lake, river or ocean
- COMPLETE PADDLEBOARD KIT - Every SereneLife Paddle Board also comes with paddling essentials, including a coiled ankle cuff safety leash, oar Pedal, manual air pump, patch repair accessory kit, and convenient storage bag!
Inflatable SUP Video
If you are wondering how long it takes to inflate a stand up inflatable paddle board, here is a good YouTube video that outlines some of the basics while demonstrating how to fill one with air: